The Vision of CFCF
The focus of the ministry at Canal Fulton Christian Fellowship (CFCF) is Learning the Way of Jesus. The way of Jesus has five important aspects that we are seeking together:
Experiential Intimacy with Jesus
– God is relational. We want to know Him and interact with Him. We are seeking to worship God in a variety of ways: Loving God in the outdoors, Loving God with our senses, Loving God in solitude, Loving God through confronting injustice, Loving God through adoring, Him Loving God with our minds (See Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas for more information).
– Community, doing life together, has always been God’s plan for the followers of Jesus. We are all under construction and must give abundant grace and forgiveness to one another. We want to be real about our struggles and doubts and to be loved for who we really are.
Embracing the Holy Spirit
– We are asking: Who is the Holy Spirit? What does it mean for Him to be God? What does He do? How do we interact with the Holy Spirit? Personal Discovery – We are also asking questions like: Who am I? How does God view me? What gifts has God given me? It is important for me to understand myself so that others can understand me.
- We are also asking questions like: Who am I? How does God view me? What gifts has God given me? It is important for me to understand myself so that others can understand me.
Revealing His Kingdom
– As believers, there is a different way to live because Jesus has brought a new kingdom here (the kingdom of God) with radically different values. We are ambassadors of God’s kingdom. We want to manifest the love and power of Jesus in our community.